Here you will find frequently asked questions.
- Why handmade soap? Handmade soap is actual soap. Unlike the so-called soap that you have generally purchased at a big box store, which contain detergents. Those so-called soaps have had the glycerin stripped and detergents added to increase the lathering qualities. Those added detergents are drying to your skin. Handmade soap retains the natural glycerin created during the saponification process. Instead of detergents, certain oils are employed to both create lathering and cleansing properties.
- Do you test on animals? I currently reside in a three bedroom apartment (the soap takes up one of these). I have no clue where I would put large quantities of animals to test my products. I have one very rambunctious Australian Shepherd and a very sassy cat. Neither are holding still long enough for anything like that. I test the products on myself, my husband, and willing participants who can give verbal consent. So... NO.
- Does your soap contain Lye? Sodium Hydroxide, or lye, is used to make soap. Through saponification, the lye converts the oils into salt. No lye remains. So... NO.
- What do you mean when you say curing the soap? Curing the soap is allowing the water to evaporate so that the bar becomes harder. I allow a six week minimum cure time. Because humidity is no joke in Florida.
- Do you take special requests? I am currently not accepting special requests.
- Do you do wholesale? We're working on it. Contact us by choosing CONTACT at the top of the page.
What is your shipping policy? Orders will be processed in a window of 2-3 business days. This may be affected by national holidays, vacation, etc. I will always notify the customer if there is a change in processing time.
There is no handling fee associated with your order. This means that you are not paying for the packaging supplies involved in shipping your order. We do recycle materials when it is feasible in order to reduce, reuse and recycle.
Currently orders are shipped USPS and the price is determined by the weight of the package. Any overages in the shipping charge will be refunded at our discretion.
We are not responsible for lost packages. A tracking number is provided for each order. If your package shows as delivered please be aware that you are responsible for filing a claim with the USPS. We will not
be able to replace or refund your order.
It is your responsibility to make sure the shipping address is correct. If you realize after purchasing that the address is incorrect please send us a message by selecting the CONTACT at the top of the page.
If your package has already shipped it cannot be canceled.
If you desire insurance please choose this option at check out.
Multiple orders can be consolidated into one order (shipping overages will be refunded) but only before the order has shipped.
What is your policy on Refunds and Returns? Due to the nature of the product, returns and exchanges are not allowed. A refund will not be issued because of scent. We try to accurately describe every scent. If you have any concerns please reach out to us so that a solution may be reached. Refunds are issued on a case by case basis and at our discretion.
Orders cannot be cancelled once they have been shipped.
What is the shelf life of the soap? Please use your soap within one year from the date of purchase. When not in use, store your soaps out of direct sunlight in a cool, dry space. Your soap will continue to lose weight over time due to any remaining liquids in the soap evaporating. This makes for a well cured longer lasting bar of soap even though the scent may fade.
What about allergies? We list the ingredients used in the creation of our soaps, please be aware of any allergies that you may have. It is plausible that an ingredient has come into contact with another. Please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.
A spot test of products is encouraged. If irritation or discomfort occur, please discontinue use immediately and contact a physician. Proper use of a product is the responsibility of the user. Speak with your healthcare provide prior to use if you are nursing or pregnant.
There is no claim any of the ingredients or products listed will cure any topical conditions. The main purpose of soap is to cleanse. We are not medical or healthcare professionals. While we can list the properties of the ingredients used, there are no claims about treatment of any skin condition.
- Do you charge sales tax? We are required to collect sales tax for all purchases made from and in the state of Florida.
- Have I missed anything? Probably.